Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an
organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
We are currently seeking an A&R Coordinator to support the EVP/Staff Producer of A&R at Capitol Music Group. He/she will help maintain a very busy schedule, handle heavy phone traffic, and serve as a point person for the department. The ideal candidate will come from music or entertainment and have previous experience supporting an executive. Must be very efficient and highly detail oriented; multitasking and working on tight deadlines in a fast- paced environment is crucial.
• Answer busy phones, manage calendar, schedule meeting requests, and process travel and expenses
• Involved in creative process
• Day to day communication with artist management
• Liaise with A&R Admin to book studios and work together on album delivery
• Set agendas for meetings and collect/organize assets
• Provide additional administrative support to A&R department as required
• Must be passionate about music and excited to learn in a fun and inspiring environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable in fast-paced environment
• Flexible schedule and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and resourceful
• Excellent follow through and attention to detail
• Microsoft Outlook and iTunes experience is required
• Administrative assistance experience in music or entertainment is required
• College degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.