Manager of Music Analytics and Research
United Talent AgencyBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
United Talent Agency is looking for a Manager of Music Analytics to support its agents and its roster of over 2,000 musician clients.
Our mission is to provide clients with actionable insights by leveraging the most robust music data tool kit in the industry. You will be instrumental in both the creation and extraction of insights from this tool. You will analyze touring, ticketing, sales, streaming, airplay, marketing and social data. And you will be tasked with creating both boiler reports and high-level custom, ad hoc reports with the goal of identifying valuable insights from large quantities of data. You will report to Head of Research and Head of Tour Marketing.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in the music business, will be very comfortable working with big data, will be equally as comfortable working with traditional metrics (streams, downloads) and social metrics (like, shares).
• Map out and lead the executional roadmap for all music-related data initiatives working closely with senior management, music agents and Head of Research.
• Oversee the creation of a large database containing inputs from numerous data providers.
• Understand all types of data sets to be able to data mine, analyze and drive insights.
• Provide feedback on the ideal UI for accessing the data.
• Sort through the data to separate KPIs from the noise. These KPIs may or may not be different depending on music genre, maturity of artist, etc.
• Convert KPI's to insights. Create templates for communicating these insights to employees and management.
• Prepare ad hoc custom reports from the data when necessary.
• Develop statistical models to predict future music trends, anticipate market changes and identify consumer behaviors.
• Play a key role in driving innovation across the company by staying current in music data trends in the marketplace.
• Interact and provide expertise to agents, managers, promotors, artists and clients.
• Stay tapped into and communicate to the Agency the emerging trends, shifting consumer behaviors and evolving metrics of the music business.
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Market Research, Marketing, Data Science or related field
• 5-7 years experience in Market or Media Research, Marketing, Advertising. Music industry experience preferred.
• Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills. Excellent knowledge of statistics and sorting big data. Experience with SPSS preferred.
• Ability to independently analyze data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations
• Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, functions, formulas, charts, graphs).
• Impeccable, polished communication skills & style
• A genuine understanding of and passion for the entertainment and music industry
• Strong interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external stakeholders
• Have a natural curiosity and be an independent thinker
• Knowledge of music metadata and terminology
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online