Spring Intern - Human Resources
TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 1:27:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Human Resources jobs in New York-NY
Search all Spring Intern - Human Resources postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What will you be doing?
The Human Resources Department of CNN in New York is seeking a spring 2016 intern! We are looking for an energetic, positive, trustworthy, hard-worker to join our group. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to gain preliminary experience in the field of Human Resources. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Assist in all aspects of recruitment process for CNN New York Internship program, which includes sourcing candidates from Brass Ring, coordinating interviews, conducting interviews if needed and facilitating the administrative process, including onboarding.
• Assist team with preparation for Turner New Hire Orientation
• Provide support in creating Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for Executive Onboarding, and New Hire Integration
• Assist team with temporary hire process which includes starting background checks, confirming work eligibility, and working to obtain necessary approvals
• Provide general administrative support as needed to HR Generalist team
• Various project work as needed
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in a fast paced, high volume environment. The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• Strong desire to learn the Human Resources field
• Strong client service skills with a professional demeanor
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality as intern will be working with sensitive information
• Must be very detail oriented
• Proficiency in Microsoft office is a must
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
Program dates are January 23rd through April 21st.
Interns are paid at minimum wage ($11/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
• Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.