Employee Services Team Lead, EMEA
Full Time Job
Are you fluent in a European language? Do you have direct experience leading HR administrative activities? If so, we'd love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting an Employee Services Team Lead – EMEA to design and deliver core employee lifecycle processes and transactional HR services across the EMEA region. This includes both transactional delivery and leadership of the team.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region.
The brand portfolio includes EMEA's number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner's leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
A key focus will be to deliver a consistent and scalable service that is suited to the diverse markets and employee population across the EMEA region. The role will focus on the implementation of common processes, delivered and underpinned by systems and technology. The Employee Services Team Lead will work closely with the regional HR management to ensure delivery of an excellent experience for our employees
Other Responsibilities include:
• Manage the organisation's EMEA employee services and first level transactional HR administration providing effective delivery of identified core employee lifecycle processes across the region.
• Maximise regional use of manager and employee self-service and technologies to support the employment life cycle.
• Deliver the transactional core employee lifecycle processes for a defined employee population within the region.
• Supervision of a team of HR Executives directing their work and personal development to provide a pro-active and responsive first line support for employees and managers, exceeding expectations every time.
• Provide support and leadership in issue resolution on HR processes and employee data issues.
• Act as escalation point for key HR and business stakeholders on employee lifecycle processes and policies.
• Implement robust and simple HR and employee lifecycle processes across the regions that are meeting the needs of our diverse markets, provide a consistent employee experience and are simple and efficient.
• Partner effectively with payroll and benefit providers to ensure high standards of accuracy, first class service and timely and accurate processing.
• In collaboration with the wider HR team, update HR policies (current and new) to ensure they are in line with changing business needs whilst meeting legislative and best practice guidelines, supporting appropriate communication of these across the business.
• Ensure the integrity of the information entered in PeopleSoft and other talent systems by the HR Executives is second to none.
• Ensure adequate controls and compliance procedures are followed within the employee services team and actively champion the importance of organisational policies and procedures including data privacy and protection.
• Partner with HR Technology team to provide input on processes and requirements for HR system related projects and improvements.
• Ensure coordination and collaboration with other global employee services teams within the business to drive efficiency and consistency where possible.
• Monitor immigration activity and data, highlighting risks to ensure we are compliant with changing regulations.
• Providing comprehensive administration support to the wider HR teams to enable the function to deliver an excellent service to our clients across the business.
• Work collaboratively to contribute to operational excellence in Turner through ideas and initiatives which improve our service and ensure we work efficiently.
Other Skills and Experience.
• A degree in a related discipline or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Direct experience of leading HR administrative activities or previous experience of a similar role in a shared service model.
• Experience in designing HR processes in preferably complex companies with multi-locations.
• Previous experience in a regional role with a strong preference for experience in working with teams and structures in the EMEA region.
• Expertise in implementing process improvements to constantly improve the HR service to the business.
• Work experience in a fast paced multinational business environment required.
• Knowledge of HR disciplines, including employee lifecycle, payroll and benefits administration across multiple regions.
• Sound HR policy knowledge.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and an additional European language - ideally German, French, Italian or Spanish
• Good knowledge of UK employment legislation.
• Experience working in a media or entertainment environment.
Working from our London Head office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global company. With global scope and local focus, we'll find and share stories that matter to our audiences. On screens of every shape and size you'll find Turner. Less Fear. More Fun. All In.
Closing date: Friday 9th December