Tri Star Sports & Entertainment GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group is a business management firm that serves professional athletes and entertainers. Our internal culture is one that communicates optimal performance, honesty, integrity, teamwork and commitment to all clients served. Our employees must be like-minded professionals with a heart and dedication to super serving clients and their trusted advisors. As a business management firm, our core competencies include bill pay, the preparation of financial statements and tax returns, tour accounting, royalty reviews and audits.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:
- Review, oversight and preparation of complex income tax returns including but not limited to Corporation, S Corporation, Partnership and Individual returns.
- Performance of the quality control review for all financial statements.
- Facilitation of planning and compliance of international tax matters including waivers and tax returns.
- Review and oversight over the preparation of quarterly tax projections and communication of required estimated tax payments.
- Creation, maintenance and adherence to financial and tax reporting policies and procedures.
- Final review and oversight of year-end shareholder bonus process.
- Review and oversight of tax preparation work papers and Investment reconciliations.
- Review and oversight over the calculation and distribution of W-2's and 1099's.
- Preparation and final review of tax correspondence and facilitation and oversight of tax audits.
- Facilitation of entity creation and dissolution procedures including attainment of Articles of Incorporation, organizational documents, FEIN applications and 2553s.
- Training and development of Accounting Managers and Staff Accountants on ''tax'' best business practice.
- Responsible for filing all annual reports, franchise tax returns and other state returns.
- Prepare and review invoices for tax services performed.
- Review and oversight over quarterly and annual payroll tax returns.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with strong academic record
- Active CPA License (preferably in Tennessee or California)
- Experience using QuickBooks and Excel
- Proficiency in tax software and technology
- 8+ Years of experience in a Tax practice
- Experience within a Business Management Firm and/or the entertainment industry where there would be good transferability of skills
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have high-level written and oral communication skills.
We currently have two locations in Los Angeles, California and in Nashville, Tennessee. This is a full-time position. Benefits are available to salaried employees.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online