Senior Staff Accountant
Tri Star Sports & Entertainment GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group is a business management firm that serves professional athletes and entertainers. Our internal culture is one that communicates optimal performance, honesty, integrity, teamwork and commitment to all clients served. Our employees must be like-minded professionals with a heart and dedication to super serving clients and their trusted advisors. As a business management firm, our core competencies include bill pay, the preparation of financial statements and tax returns, tour accounting, royalty reviews and audits.
Specific Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Implementation of accounting standards for bill payment journals & ledgers (including accuracy of expense coding).
- Review of invoices and resolution of discrepancies and processing of bills in accordance with Client bill cycles.
- Monitoring of transactions & accounts to ensure payments are current and processed efficiently.
- Maintenance of vendor relations and related master data, including collection of W9s.
- Maintain Master Memorized Transaction Lists.
- Analysis, classification and reconciliation of credit card statement charges.
- Preparation of account reconciliations.
- Preparation of year-end 1099 vendor reports.
- Preparation of Weekly Client communications (cash reports, weekly updates).
- Preparation and submission of checks for approval.
- Preparation of Investment journal entries.
- Assisting with the preparation of the quarterly financial statements.
- Assisting with New Client On-boarding procedures.
- Revenue Tracking and 1099 Reporting.- Assist in creation of budgets and financial forecasting.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with strong academic record
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Experience using QuickBooks and Excel
- Experience within a Business Management Firm and/or the entertainment industry where there would be good transferability of skills
We currently have two locations in Los Angeles, California and in Nashville, Tennessee. This is a full-time position. Benefits are available to salaried employees. For more information about Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group please visit our website
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online