Tri Star Sports & Entertainment GroupLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Business Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Business Manager postings
Full Time Job
Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group is a business management firm that serves professional athletes and entertainers. Our internal culture is one that communicates optimal performance, honesty, integrity, teamwork and commitment to all clients served. Our employees must be like-minded professionals with a heart and dedication to super serving clients and their trusted advisors. As a business management firm, our core competencies include bill pay, the preparation of financial statements and tax returns, tour accounting, royalty reviews and audits.
Specific Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Assist in formulating the Client's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures that support the Client's strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management.
- Manage the accounting and business management team.
- Oversee the financial operations of Client Companies.
- Manage third parties to which functions have been outsourced (payroll, systems, banking).
- Implement operational best business practices.
- Ensure the issuance of financial reporting packages (annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly deliverables).
- Oversee the establishment of ad hoc financial modeling as needed and production of budgets and forecasts.
- Establish financial and operating metrics to measure performance.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Client's risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the Client and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Ensure appropriate and reliable control systems are in place.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Monitor cash projections and forecasts and arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Reviews the schedule of all filings and reported information, providing accountability for accuracy and timeliness.
- Participates as an active member of the executive team and contributes to best accounting practices.
- Participates in new client roll-ins, ensuring scope of services to be provided is fully understood.
- Establishes proper banking controls and procedures: Primary banking point.
- Special Projects (e.g. Contract CFO Services, Court Accountings).
- Training, development and education of Business Management Team on Policies and Procedures.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with strong academic record
- Experience using QuickBooks and Excel
- Active CPA License (preferably in Tennessee or California)
- 10+ Years of experience within a Business Management Firm or Public Accounting Firm