Thomas St John Inc.Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Thomas St John Inc. offers financial services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses within the music, entertainment, and sport industries. The Company is based across three main offices in London, the Netherlands and Los Angeles with three core departments; Business Management, Accountancy, and Tax.
We are currently looking to appoint a new part time bookkeeper to join the Los Angeles accounting department.
- QuickBooks Management
o Enter all company transactions in QuickBooks Online software
o Ensure all accounts are up to date with provided client information
o Maintain various client's chart of accounts and ensure books are up to date
- Cash Management
o Record deposits and payments
o Reconcile cash as needed (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
o Maintain and manage client bank accounts
- Accounts Payable Management
o Enter and maintain purchase orders
o Schedule payment runs
o Reconcile AP on a monthly basis
- Account Receivable Management
o Enter and maintain client invoices
o Reconcile AR
o Manage AR reserve
- Complete period end closing, including the preparation of supporting schedules, reconciliations and analysis as required
- Assist in the preparation of schedules and reports for reporting and tax purposes as requested and needed
- Provide support and training to the junior members of staff
- 5 - 7 years of professional experience
- QuickBooks Online experience is a must
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred
- CCH Access desired
- A working knowledge of US GAAP
- Entertainment industry preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook proficient
- Commercial awareness and desire to understand the client businesses to include a proactive approach to tasks; the ability to work instinctively on projects and plan ahead for the needs of the client
- Organizational skills; assisting in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Problem solving; working instinctively while under pressure to complete ad hoc tasks on demand without detriment to fixed work load.
- This position has the opportunity to advance to a full time position
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online