Solidworks Technical Designer
The Scenic RoutePacoima, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Solidworks Technical Designer jobs in Pacoima-CA
Search all Solidworks Technical Designer postings
Full Time Job
The Scenic Route (TSR) is a complete global production resource company that provides services for the entertainment, live event, touring, museum, government and trade show industries. Our services range from conceptual design and project management, to construction and fabrication, installation and implementation. Our customer service and commitment to finding the finest solutions to even the most complex problems have made The Scenic Route one of the most sought after creative resources in the country.
Summary of Position:
Technical Designers work with the TSR design team to design and engineer projects for conceptual design and fabrication. Other duties include supervising and consulting throughout the fabrication process. Must be proficient in SolidWorks.
Description of Duties:
• Technical design/engineering of scenic elements and special effects using SolidWorks.
• Supervision and management of project fabrication.
• Collaborating with other technical designers, project design teams and project managers to ensure end product complies with client's vision and needs.
• Maintaining and staying on schedules.
• Minimum of 2 years of technical design experience or college equivalent.
• Proficiency in SolidWorks
• Familiarity with AutoCAD and Google Sketchup
• Fabrication experience with wood and metal and familiarity with a variety of construction materials is preferred.
• Ability to work long hours when needed.
• Good communication skills.