Summer Intern - VFX/Post Production
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This position is for the Post Production and Visual Effects department within the Disney Live Action group. We set up, budget, schedule and manage the Post Production and Visual Effects aspects of all the Live Action features.
The post/vfx summer intern will help update and modify our various post and visual effects databases, help as we continue to streamline our digital wrap procedure, and be able to visit project post production offices and hopefully get hands on experience on the movie project(s). The database project(s) include updating current data, as well as adding new fields and functionality. He/she may have the opportunity to help with tracking and archiving movie assets (i.e, conept artwork, renders, …), as well as consolidating reports and other wrap files.
The following movies projects will be in post production next summer.
• Wrinkle in Time
• Mary Poppins Returns
• Magic Camp
• The Lion King
• Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Maintain database of facilities, VFX Supervisors, VFX Producers with availability, rates, vendor projects, and types of shows for which each may be appropriately utilized.
• Create and update Show Files
• Update Post Databases (Editors, Post Supers, 1st assists)
• Cover desks when necessary (answering phones, rolling calls, scheduling, etc.)
• General office tasks (printing, copying, phones, filing, etc.)
• Candidates must be available to work full time (40 hours M – F)
• Candidate should have a focused interest in Visual Effects or Post Production, preferably both.
• Hard-working, self-motivated and detail oriented.
• Should be relatively fluent in Excel (and Microsoft Office in general).
• Good Communication Skills
• Positive team-player
• Skilled multi-tasker
• Knowledge of Filemaker Pro
• Familiarity with a non-linear editing platform (Avid/Final Cut/Adobe Premier)
• Prior internships and/or classes in Visual Effects, Post Production, and the like, a plus
Required Education Current student or recent grad studying Film/Video Production, Communications, or related
Company Overview The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Available full time
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA