Sr Manager, Creative Advertising
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr Manager, Creative Advertising (A/V)
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you
This position is responsible in working with the Brand Lead and Head of Animation Creative in the development, creation and execution of all creative audiovisual marketing materials for theatrically released animated films. We determine how to strategically position and market each film within the U.S. as well as assist the International team in creating materials for territories abroad. We also serve as a creative and strategic conduit through which many departments/divisions within the company come for assistance in creating materials, creative direction or approval. These special relationships are crucial to ensure that one unified campaign is communicated to the public. We work closely with every department within The Walt Disney Studios, including creative content, publicity, media, synergy, national promotions, online marketing, and distribution. We also partner across the breadth of The Walt Disney Company with divisions like Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Theme Parks & Resorts, Walt Disney Records, Disney Store, Publishing, Disney Interactive Studios, and the Disney Channel. We also maintain collaborative relationships with our partners in Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Toon Studios.
• Assist with the strategic planning, development and creative execution, and final finishing of audiovisual advertising campaigns.
• Assist in the development of positioning statements and corresponding marketing strategies and materials.
• Pro-actively generate big picture thinking and help encourage innovative approaches to campaigns across teams.
• Ensure integration and consistent messaging and tie-ins across all marketing departments and activities in a given period – threading marketing messages across platforms
• Work with various audiovisual agencies on audiovisual materials (trailers, TV spots, behind the scenes featurettes, online pods, viral videos, clips for publicity and online use, and internal presentation reels.), communicating campaign objectives, creative notes, and thematic ideation.
• Collaborate closely with internal teams to handle creative requests, give constructive feedback and assist in problem solving; acting as first line of communication for the creative team.
• Creatively lead development and execution of cross-promotional, integrated and additional online marketing materials
• Direct creation of digital signage for motion and A/V based out-of-home materials
• Day-to-day project management; handle deadline schedules, track budgets, effective communication of project status with all other departments, etc.
• Attend focus groups and test screenings, and analyze market research for strategic creative insights
• Collaborate with our finishing team and outside companies including responsibility for quality control final finishing of materials.
• 5 years of marketing/advertising experience required
• 5 years of experience in the creation of audiovisual materials. Agency experience preferred.
• Audiovisual production and finishing experience/knowledge required.
• Experience interfacing with high level executives and filmmakers.
• Passion for advertising with strong and demonstrable creative sensibility.
• Great organizational skills with an eye for detail.
• Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment, combined with the ability to work extended hours (late and sometimes overnight) and weekends.
• Ability to be proactive and resourceful with strong follow-through.
• Ability to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Strong design sense.
• Understanding of basic storytelling with mastery of copywriting
• Experience interfacing with executives and filmmakers
• Articulate presentation skills
• High level capacity to be a strong communicator, collaborator and influencer across teams
• Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in a fast paced creative environment
• Bachelor's degree minimum. Preferably a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
This position is with ABC,Inc., an equal opportunity employer