Manager, Integrated Planning
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios (the Studio) encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Walt Disney Studios Integrated Planning team facilitates alignment among the Studio and lines of business (XLOB) across The Walt Disney Company (e.g. Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, Parks & Resorts), as strategies and plans are developed in support of films and franchises from Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, and Lucasfilm. The team collaborates on a global scale to maximize the value of these brands and respective films while supporting the processes and priorities of internal business partners. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Integrated Planning in Burbank, CA.
The Manager, Integrated Planning, is responsible for facilitating key planning milestones, aligning resources, and across the company in support of films and franchises to maximize the value of the brands.
• Spearhead early understanding (Mobilization) of cross-company strategies
• Facilitate cross company engagement to guide early planning, XLOB alignment, and track results
• Frame business issues for identifying opportunity and priority given business needs at the Studios
• Champion financial data and studio research covering internal and external, quantitative and qualitative data sources. Identify trends and patterns and recommend further actions to support Studio business
• Participation in team meetings including agenda solicitation, notes, and follow-ups; in addition to acting as a project manager which includes making timely decisions, taking action and using the available data to solve key issues & problems
• Partner with Studio Research and XLOBs for post analysis
• On-going communication across XLOBs and Franchise partners
Specific brands and titles
• Core focus on Disney Live Action
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and interpersonal, expressing ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
• Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to influence others without authority
• Ability to communicate to both creatives and executives. This includes experience presenting to all levels of staff, internal and external.
• Understands Project Management deliverables and provides guidance as needed to contribute to team success in completing deliverables
• Self-starter with strong initiative and proactive approach
• Highly organized and able to work independently – attention to detail is imperative
• Be adaptable and flexible to shifting priorities and partner needs
• Strategic thinking and ability to mine data to better understand the ''big picture''
• Ability to efficiently handle a large quantity of projects and tasks simultaneously
• Problem solver with positive, can-do attitude
• 3 years of experience in entertainment or related industry
• 3 years or more relevant experience gained from business/marketing planning, financial analysis and/or management consultancy
• Minimum of one year Disney Finance experience
• BA/BS Degree or Comparable Work Experience
• Bachelor or Master degree in business, finance, applied mathematics, analytics or related field
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, an equal opportunity employer