Asst Manager, Int'l Product Management
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Disney/ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution (HE/TD) is a sales-based organization overseeing distribution for all TWDC filmed content beyond the theatrical window, including Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm and Disneynature. Additionally the team licenses television content for the Disney ABC Television Group, including ABC Studios, ABC Entertainment, WABC, ABC News, Freeform, Lincoln Square Studios, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. In collaboration with key stakeholders, the HE/TD team formulates marketing and sales strategies, as it relates to the pricing, windowing, licensing and distribution of Disney's content throughout their lifecycles, including development of innovative models and tactics for monetizing and maximizing revenue in a rapidly changing media landscape.
Main focus and objectives:
• Maximizing commercial value to Studio content by supporting international in-home product development across all windows
• Assist in building and maintaining efficient processes for seamless product and marketing execution of all new releases release and catalogue programs in international markets throughout the whole in-home life cycle (physical, digital, linear, SVOD).
• Develop strong and productive relationship with NA product and marketing leads as well team in every region to continually strengthen our product distribution leadership in each market
• Become problem-solver on a daily basis with title-specific requests and ideas
• ''Own'' the international product: know the product itself, dates, key commercial metrics, challenges and opportunities across all brands and all windows in international space
• Embrace the diversity of international market place and represent the international product and marketing needs within each Studio brand: Lucas, Marvel, Pixar, DLA, Animation, DN
• Collaborate with variety of internal functional teams
• Maintain the process of global release dates communication
• Prepare and lead the market product calls: agenda, materials, follow ups
• Source and prepare materials for the markets to share the filmmakers or business rationale for product and marketing decisions.
• Integrate key learnings from int'l theatrical campaign and franchise research into in-home releases
• Maintain a process of timely communication of creative asset availability and usage guidance
• Collaborate with each business model leads (head of TV/SVOD and head of transactional) and experts in Studio and support int'l needs across in-home lifecycle (transactional, TV, SVOD, etc)
• 3 years of post-college, professional work experience in studio in-home side
• Well-developed communication skills
• Experience and passion for international market place as well as for clear processes
• Experience with digital and physical platforms
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
• Experienced at multi-tasking, prioritizing and utilizing multiple resources to approach a project
• Experience in digital or physical product and marketing for in-home
• Ability to collaborate and find resolutions across functions with various groups and individuals.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as Apple programs (keynote)
• Experience in doing business in foreign markets
• Foreign Language
BA /BS required
This position is with BVHE, Inc., an equal opportunity employer