UK Senior Compliance Accountant
The Walt Disney CompanyLondon, UK
Full Time Job
We are looking for an ACA qualified individual to fill the permanent position of UK Compliance Senior Accountant, based in Hammersmith London. This role would suit an individual with a 'Big 4' background seeking their first move from practice into industry.
The successful candidate will support the UK Compliance Manager and EMEA Compliance Manager, on financial statement preparation, VAT return preparation/review, and local compliance and financial control matters.
This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team within the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company EMEA, with considerable scope for learning and career progression. The Compliance Team covers statutory accounting, technical accounting support, Sarbanes Oxley controls, VAT compliance and bespoke projects, and provides guidance and support to the various accounting and finance teams based in the same London office and across EMEA.
• Assist in all aspects of the preparation, completion and audit of statutory accounts for all UK legal entities in line with FRS 102
• Assist in preparation of VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat returns for UK and Irish tax authorities
• Review and reporting of Foreign VAT incurred by the company, maintaining of balance sheet account
• Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
• Support the Corporate Tax department by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations and any ad-hoc tax audit requirements
• Liaise with various teams on distribution projects
• Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual National Statistics surveys
• Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner.
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards by taking part in the annual SOX testing procedure
• Support management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties and projects.
• Fully Qualified ACA/ ACCA or equivalent
• Strong experience of UK GAAP financial statements
• Strong educational qualifications with working experience within Accounting
• Some experience of VAT returns
• Strong excel skills important
• SAP experience preferred
• Big Four background is preferred
Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.