Sr. Consultant, Strategy & Engagement
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Consultant, Strategy & Engagement (Human Capital)
Senior professional position providing strategic support for all functions within Enterprise Benefits. Specifically, this position will have a substantial role in benchmarking/business intelligence, strategic planning document preparation, new program design and roll out, identification of new business partners, RFP development and process oversight and strategic communications and engagement activities
WHAT: Conduct regular review of demographics, industry trends, vendor landscape, health plan claims, employee engagement levels and utilization data and provide initial interpretation of findings as relevant for program development, operations and finance groups. Evaluates data necessary to support the development of new projects and programs; serve in a project leader or manager role in RFP processes as needed in the selection of new vendors.
Continually works to source relevant and accurate information from the most appropriate comparators through benchmark reports, vendor surveys, industry trade associations (such as PBGH, NBGH, CEB) and actively participates with these various groups in user groups, annual conferences, etc. to glean the most current and relevant information.
HOW: Uses data such as that available through HVI, the Benefits Index and other sources of data available through business coalitions, consulting firms, publically available databases, etc.
WHAT: Support for Senior Manager or Director, Benefits Strategy and Engagement, providing data analytics, benchmarking, dashboards, etc. in PowerPoint, Excel and other presentation formats for project meetings, IAC presentations, and senior leadership/ department leadership use.
HOW: Evaluates various health and retirement utilization and financial trends; tracks vendor performance as needed, monitors and evaluates benchmarking data and the competitiveness of our benefit programs; calculates benefit costs to the company, business unit and employee basis.
WHAT: Evaluate consumer, benefit and financial engagement tools and services and assist in decisions regarding which to promote to drive engagement in our health and retirement programs. Work with communication leadership to develop innovative approaches to engagement and work closely with the communications team to ensure communications content reflects the vision of the Benefits leadership team.
HOW: Independently works with key stakeholders to first educate and then build consensus around new engagement activities and works with communications to tailor activities to specific targeted groups; provide leadership and support activities such as vendor summits with regards to communication creative and strategic messaging, data flows and sharing of insights, online and telephonic experience for participants.
WHAT: Independently as well as with other strategy partners, identify and roll out new program designs and establish new business partners including RFP development and process oversight, contracting and performance guarantee development. These new business relationships could be developed as pilots to evaluate new programs/new business partners on a limited basis or could be a replacement of enterprise-wide programs/partners.
This position will also perform vendor management (relationship management, contracting, annual price renewals) including but not limited to Health Advocate and Jellyvision, and for the aforementioned two current vendors, produce an improvement/enhancement of current engagement levels.
• 5-7 years' experience working in corporate employee benefits program development, strategy or operations, or consulting position with large accounting or consulting firm.
• Knowledge of health and welfare plan designs, funding and program practices, retirement plans, project management and vendor management skills. Extremely well-organized, excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills. Excellent analytic skills; excellent business writing skills. Expert in, Excel and PowerPoint. Expert in data warehouse use (Truven preferred). Ability to make effective presentations to both internal and external groups.
• Knowledge of healthcare and general benefits (claims, healthcare benchmarking), health provider networks, health plan design and administration best practices, health plan pricing, DC contributions, investment funds, benefits administration, etc. Demonstrated success collaborating in team setting.
• Work toward Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation or equivalent.
• Proficiency in project management software and experience creating PowerPoint presentations.
• California Health and Life License
• Bachelor's degree - Economics, Finance, or Business with Finance/Economics emphasis
• Master's degree or equivalent work experience - Insurance/risk management, health strategy (public health or other) insurance, actuarial, or underwriting
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.