Spring Intern - Workforce Analytics & Org Development
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Spring Intern - Workforce Analytics & Org Development Grad Corp
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Talent and Org Development Organization within the Corporate Human Resources group is responsible for developing talent and organizations utilizing data and insights. Workforce Insights & Development team is part of Disney's Talent and Org Development Organization. This team is dedicated to (1) providing HR data insights to inform talent decisions that enable our businesses' goals, (2) managing the employee engagement survey for the Corporate business segment, (3) supporting enterprise transformation efforts, and (4) managing and measuring projects that support our HR priorities.
A Day in the Life…
The Workforce Insights & Organization Development Graduate Intern will
• Partner with the Talent Development & Diversity team on large scale change and culture initiatives
• Support the roll-out of development programs, initiatives, and communications
• Support client work which can include customized development, org design, or diversity strategies
• Other projects as assigned (ex. research, benchmarking, etc.)
What we are looking for…
• Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to identify meaningful patterns and actionable insights from large amounts of data
• Ability to connect internal and external workforce information to create models and trends for insights and forecasting
• Ability to develop and deliver compelling, simple and concise presentations using data, graphics, and effective storytelling to communicate insights and implications for decision making
• Advanced Excel skills for data analysis
• High level of attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy
• High levels of personal integrity and confidentiality
• Prior project management experience, specifically in managing dead-line driven initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research and support the implementation of ideas based on that research
• Ability to multitask and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and willingness to take initiative
• Knowledge of descriptive analytics, predictive analytics (e.g., predictive modeling, machine learning, etc.)
• Interest and/or coursework in Analytics, Human Resources, Training and Organizational Development
• Software: Tableau, Cognos, R, SAS, or SPSS
• Experience with SQL
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
• Currently pursuing a Master's or PhD degree program in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Leadership, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Predictive Analytics, Data Sciences, Master's of Business Administration, or a closely related field
• Currently pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Statistics, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Predictive Analytics or a related quantitative field.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• The approximate dates of this internship are January through May 2018 – candidates with availability for the fall semester may be considered for an immediate start.
• Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 29 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
• Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Burbank, CA area
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age