Spring Intern - Property Tax - Corporate
The Walt Disney CompanyGlendale, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture… The Property Tax department is responsible for Tax planning, compliance and audits of real and business personal property nationwide.
A Day in the Life…
The Undergraduate Associate position represents a unique opportunity to receive training on basic property tax principles and become familiar with fixed assets held by The Walt Disney Company. Undergraduate Associates are responsible for preparing property tax returns for The Walt Disney Company which gives students exposure to how property tax is treated for many types of businesses within the entertainment industry.
What we are looking for…
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
• Strong research, critical thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion
• Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized
• Record of top academic achievement, excellent communication and leadership skills
• A desire to learn about Property Tax
• Rising senior level or higher pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Accounting
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• GPA of 3.3 or higher preferred
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Interns must be available from January - May 2018. Additionally, Intern must be available 3 full days per week (24 hours) and 40 hours per week during the period of January 8th - 19th for Disney orientation and Property Tax training, as well as 40 hours during Spring break. Available Friday to attend department staff meetings. Schedule must allow work from 8AM to 5PM.
• Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Glendale, CA.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer