Spring Intern - Communications
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Walt Disney International operates most Disney businesses outside of the United States. As the HR Communications Intern you will be working with teams from China, Japan, Russia, Argentina, Brazil, UK, and many other countries.
A Day in the Life…
The International Human Resources Department at The Walt Disney Company is looking for a high energy, enthusiastic intern to focus on HR Communications in a professional, fast-paced, friendly environment.
• Create and maintain detailed project plans and project documentation
• Create presentations in MS Office and other Presentation Applications
• Support the planning, development, and execution of an internal communication strategy, including film shoots (pre-production, production, post production)
• Manage calendar of internal social media postings
• Post documents to a global collaboration tool and maintain the digital environment
• Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate global meetings, video, and teleconferences
• Assist in composing and reviewing scripts for internal and external video projects
• Maintain excel data sheets for employee email lists and equipment inventory
What we are looking for…
• Strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to learn new applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of and use of digital platforms and social media
• Maintains a positive attitude and strong work ethic with a desire to learn
• Ability to work effectively in a fast pace, multicultural, team environment while being a self-starter who is able to be proactive
• Digitally savvy – able to pick up new technology or software quickly
• Experience in writing and communication design
• Experience with coordinating video shoots and knowledge of the video production process
• Experience in running, updating or maintaining websites
• Experience with WordPress, HTML coding, video/photography editing, Photoshop
• Experience with communications related metrics
• Interest in Disney history and culture
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
• Currently pursuing or recently graduated within the past 6 months with a degree in Social Anthropology, Communications, Literature, Film, Design, Public Relations, Interdisciplinary Studies or a closely related field.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through June 2018.
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
• Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends due to partnership with teams in global time zones
• Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Burbank, CA area
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Portfolio websites encouraged – please include URL links on resume
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.