The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
As a trusted creator of premium entertainment experiences for the whole family, Disney is committed to making it easier than ever for consumers to grow their digital movie libraries in a seamless and family-friendly experience. This exclusive cloud-based digital movie service for iOS, Android and Web enables consumers to discover, purchase, manage, and watch movies on the go.
This position requires technology/digital, content review and clearance experience, exceptional organizational skills, an unwavering attention to details and deadlines, drafting experience, acumen in legal issue spotting, and constant, effective communication with both internal clients and third parties.
The right candidate will be able to work closely with all levels of legal affairs, client, and business unit executives and related staff.
• Drafting agreements, amendments and other legal documentation related to technology and operations and research, including but not limited to, software licenses, professional services agreements, software as a service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, software/system evaluation agreements, and font end-user license agreements, all within very short time frames.
• Preparing detailed summaries of agreement terms.
• Reviewing and providing advice on marketing and promotional materials, including clearances, required legal language, and use of third party logos and creative materials.
• Revising, updating, and maintaining contract templates.
• Proofreading and editing documents.
• Creating and maintaining the legal shared drive and various departmental charts and databases.
• Identifying best practices, processes, and procedures to achieve departmental efficiencies.
• Helping with special projects, as assigned.
• Must have at least five (5) years of paralegal experience, preferably in the technology/digital field at a reputable law firm or major in-house legal department. Previous in-house experience is preferred.
• The ability to understand, track, and meet all relevant deadlines and follow up, as appropriate.
• Familiarity with technology and/or digital media agreements preferred.
• The ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
• The ability to spot and distinguish legal issues versus non-legal issues in legal paperwork.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and analyze issues and devise solutions and strategies.
• Strong understanding of contracts with the ability to draft contract language and integrate business issues into contracts.
• Must be detail-oriented, with accurate and thorough grammatical, writing, and proofreading skills.
• Conceptual thinker with excellent judgment.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• The ability to take direction and offer relevant solutions, as needed.
• Excellent verbal and listening skills.
• An ability to independently manage one's workload but to ask for assistance when needed.
• Team player.
• Must be able to hold him/herself and others accountable for results.
• A positive can-do attitude, especially when faced with challenging assignments.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other office-related software.
• Bachelor's Degree and Paralegal certification
This position is a legal entity of Company Code 1990, an equal opportunity employer.