Organizational Development Manager
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Workforce Insights/Analytics & Organizational Development is a team within the Corporate HR organization dedicated to driving organizational effectiveness for the Corporate business segment, with a focus on organizational design, employee engagement, change leadership, and providing HR data insights that inform talent strategies & decisions to enable our business goals.
The Organization Development Manager role will provide consultation, training, own, and drive work related to organization design, change management, and employee engagement. The role will also support and/or lead ad hoc HR and OD projects and initiatives as needed.
• Organization design for Corporate businesses, inclusive of consulting to understand needs, building project roadmaps, and guiding/managing the organization design process in partnership with HR Business Partners to support Corporate business goals
• Change management for HR and Corporate business initiatives, inclusive of consulting to understand needs, building and implementing change, communication, and training plans, and building change leadership capabilities in others
• Engagement initiatives for Corporate, inclusive of overseeing the Corporate engagement strategy and supporting the company's Employee Survey efforts
• Capability building for the broader HR team in areas of organization development
• Other organization development and project management assignments for HR or Corporate businesses as needed
• 5 years experience in Organization Development or related field
• Ability to manage relationships with clients and stakeholders – including the ability to influence thinking and facilitate group dialogue surrounding business and organizational challenges and opportunities
• Ability to translate complex issues into summaries, roadmaps, and systemic models that are sound and actionable
• Ability to adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations and demonstrate high levels of personal integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to evaluate and derive relevant insights on business and organization performance to drive decision making
• Ability to apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals – including demonstrating strong business and financial acumen
• Superior project management skills (including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing work to achieve specific goals and success criteria and the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities)
• Ability to navigate, thrive, and adapt in unexpected or dynamic circumstances
• Ability to deliver timely, high quality work that adds value
• Ability to develop and deliver effective written and oral communication that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Ability to deliver integrated solutions that support the strategic direction of the business and develop a game plan for success
• BA/BS degree is required, preferably in Organization Development, Organization Behavior, Human Resources, or related field
• MA/MS degree is preferred, preferably in Organization Development, Organization Behavior, Human Resources, or related field
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.