Compensation Consultant - Enterprise Compensation/Center Of Excellence
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Compensation team is responsible for leading the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support corporate clients, as well as all functional organizations of The Walt Disney Company, including: Human Resources, Finance, Technology, Legal, Strategic Planning, and other areas. These organizations are enablers of our world-class businesses, and span across all segments and geographies. In this work, the Enterprise Compensation team partners with other human resource functions to develop solutions that attract, retain, and motivate top talent for these organizations globally.
As part of the Enterprise Compensation team, the Compensation Consultant provides guidance to assigned internal clients and collaborates with HR partners in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support the company's business strategy. The Compensation Consultant also collaborates with compensation peers in each of the business segments on the implementation of centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation support for functional organizations that span across all business segments.
• Act as an internal consultant to assigned clients and other stakeholders (including HR, finance, and legal partners)
• Develop proposals and presentations regarding compensation programs to educate, influence, and enable clients to make informed business decisions
• Conduct compensation benchmark assessments; actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
• Evaluate, level, and determine the market value for new and existing jobs
• Collaborate with HR business partners and assigned clients in the creation of consistent job families
• Develop compensation proposals for newly promoted and newly hired employees (both executive and non-executive)
• Administer the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program and communication for assigned clients
• Assist in creating, applying, and maintaining salary structures and hiring ranges
• Participate in industry market surveys
• Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects
• Knowledge of compensation program concepts and practices
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
• Effective consulting skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
• Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders from various disciplines (e.g. finance, legal, operations)
• Strong sense of teamwork
• Business-oriented mindset
• Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with SAP, Success Factors, and/or other compensation planning systems preferred
• 3 years of experience, preferably with a large corporate employer or leading consulting firm
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or equivalent
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.