Theatrical Distribution Manager
The OrchardLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY Reporting to the VP of Theatrical Distribution The Manger of Theatrical Sales is a proactive, driven and creative individual with a passion for indie film and the constantly evolving theatrical landscape. They will be responsible for working with the theatrical sales team on all matters of releasing a slate of 12 films per year, including traditional theatrical and multi-platform releases. They will be responsible for booking theatrical runs, overseeing regional festival opportunities, coordinating print traffic and running exhibitor relations.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS Report to: VP, Theatrical Distribution. Other key relationships: Theatrical Sales & Marketing Digital Sales & Marketing Client Management Video Operations
• Spearhead exhibitor-relations efforts, including one sheet and trailer placement, and exhibitor specific promotions.
• Work directly with the VP of Theatrical Distribution on The Orchard’s release campaigns and direct sales efforts for a slate of 12 films per year, including traditional theatrical and multi-platform releases.
• Liaise between regional festivals and theatrical sales team, negotiating license fees and coordinating delivery of exhibition assets.
• Ensure deliverable deadlines for all exhibitor-related materials are met by working in tandem with Theatrical Marketing and Operations.
• Manage print deliverables between the Client Relations/Operations teams and our external vendors.
• Invoice theaters, enter box office reports and make collections calls on behalf of the film finance team.
• Oversee and organize the intern program for Theatrical Distribution.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3 years experience working in theatrical distribution, ideally at one or more major theatrical distribution companies
• 2 years experience in a client-facing or sales position
• Experience with a range of different releasing strategies, including theatrical, day and date, and evolving alternative release models
• Experience with a wide range of key internal distribution systems, including DCP creation, collections and distribution software
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
About The Orchard®?The Orchard is an independent music and video distribution company that provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music and videos available across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. We work with our clients to maximize their revenue, and provide them with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 in New York City to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. Our headquarters are in New York and London, with operations in more than 25 markets around the world, including France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, India, Australia and more. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity, creativity and personal/business relationships. From monthly potlucks and game nights to company kickball teams and other staff perks, our employees like what they do and where they do it.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
COMPANY INFORMATION The Orchard is an independent music, video and film distribution company and top-ranked Multi Channel Network operating in more than 25 global markets. With its roots in digital music distribution, the Company today works with independent artists, labels, and other content providers to distribute nearly one third of all digital music content to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world. The Orchard streamlines content owners’ business complexity with an intuitive client dashboard, comprehensive rights management and tailored client support. The Orchard’s Film & TV division represents the next chapter of significant growth for the company, and has seen impressive growth over the last few years while providing end-to-end digital distribution services to many premiere brands including the NBA, Scholastic and Red Bull Media, as well as feature length scripted and documentary filmmakers/producers. Coupled with a robust film & TV acquisitions strategy, The Orchard’s growing theatrical, physical and digital business represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate looking for growth in an entrepreneurial environment.