Intern - Film & TV Acquisitions
The OrchardHollywood, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Orchard is a pioneering music, film and television distribution company and top-ranked Multi Channel Network operating in more than 25 global markets. With a holistic approach to sales and marketing combined with industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard amplifies reach and revenue across hundreds of digital, physical and mobile outlets around the world. The Orchard streamlines content owners' business complexity with an intuitive client dashboard, comprehensive rights management and tailored client support. Founded in 1997, The Orchard empowers businesses and creators in the entertainment industry.
The Orchard's Film & Television division handles acquisitions, theatrical and digital distribution of completed projects. The film division has distributed hit titles such as the Academy Award® nominated documentary Cartel Land, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Dior and I, Point and Shoot, The Overnight and Life, Animated and is currently working on releasing a number of upcoming films including Thelma, BPM (Beats Per Minute), Kings, among others.
We are looking for bright, creative, ambitious, self-starters with a winning attitude to join our Film Acquisitions department. Our interns will work closely with department Coordinators to create materials for team use, perform research and other tasks as needed. This is a great opportunity to learn about film acquisitions, distribution and marketing as well as gain exposure to a vibrant, growing company.
• Must be a college student enrolled in a class and receiving credit specifically for this internship. This is an unpaid internship. Interns will need to provide documentation verifying enrollment.
• Organize all incoming submissions (scripts, finished films, etc.)
• Maintain internal database of ongoing acquisition content
• Research upcoming film projects in the marketplace daily through trades
• Research upcoming film festivals for acquisition potential
• Create fall festival grids and help strategize for team planning
• Create theatrical decks as needed for all internal teams
• Assist with reception / front desk as needed
• Participate in team screenings when possible
• Excellent communication and writing skills is a must
• Proficiency in MS Office and Google Applications
• Knowledge of cloud storage systems (Google Drive, Box, etc.)
• Solid understanding of the entertainment industry
• Familiarity with the digital video market (i.e., iTunes, Netflix, Hulu) and film distribution a plus
• Passion for film/television
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MUST receive school credit.
Phone calls will not be accepted. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online