Fall Intern - Film & TV
The OrchardLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Orchard's Film & Television division handles acquisitions, theatrical and digital distribution of completed projects. The film division has distributed hit titles such as the Academy Award® nominated documentary Cartel Land, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Dior and I, Point and Shoot, The Overnight and Life, Animated and is currently working on releasing a number of upcoming films.
Unpaid internship positions are available in the following departments: Film & TV Acquisitions, Digital Sales & Marketing and Theatrical Sales & Marketing. We are looking for bright, creative, ambitious, self-starters with a winning attitude. Our Interns will work closely with department Coordinators to create marketing materials, perform research and other tasks as needed. This is a great opportunity to learn about film distribution and marketing as well as gain exposure to a vibrant, growing company.
• Monitor digital presence of upcoming theatrical releases
• Assist with grassroots marketing brainstorming and research
• Maintain internal information on theatrical campaigns
• Review creative marketing assets
• Assist with the distribution of materials to theaters, festivals, press junkets, etc.
• Compile weekly report of where our titles placed in the digital stores
• Create marketing materials to be shared with clients
• Online research
• Help create promotional stunts for catalogue titles
• Research upcoming and new films in the marketplace
• Must be a college student enrolled in a class and receiving credit specifically for this internship. Interns will need to provide documentation verifying enrollment prior to thier start date.
• Excellent communication and writing skills is a must
• Proficiency in MS Office and Google Applications
• Knowledge of cloud storage systems (Google Drive, Box, etc.)
• Solid understanding of the entertainment industry
• Familiarity with the digital video market (i.e., iTunes, Netflix, Hulu) a plus
• Passion for film and television
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.