Assistant, COO & Head of Business Affairs
The Mark Gordon CompanySanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Mark Gordon Company is seeking an outstanding assistant to the COO and Head of Business Affairs. This is a high-volume desk with constant exposure to the negotiation and deal making process of television and film development, finance and production. It is a great opportunity for someone looking to dive into the business side of entertainment. Ideal candidate will have some previous experience in entertainment.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work efficiently and as a team member; manage high volumes of tasks and projects; demonstrate great attention to detail; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround; and think creatively and be proactive in solving problems that affect people within the group or other related groups.
• Manage, organize and update calendar, contacts, and appointments. Work with internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate required meetings and conference calls.
• Answer all incoming calls and relaying all messages back to executive.
• Format, review, and redline legal documents/contracts.
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports.
• Drafting and edit business correspondences.
• Maintain the department legal files, option tracking and negotiation status reports.
• In addition to the above responsibilities, other duties or special projects may be assigned from time to time.
Law degree or paralegal certificate is strongly preferred. Strong work background and interest in business and legal affairs a minimum. Agency experience a plus.
Full benefits. Salary DOE
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online