Senior Financial Analyst
The Jim Henson CompanyHollywood, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Full Time Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Jim Henson Company - a premier provider of family entertainment for over 60 years and computer generated animation since 1993 - is seeking to fill its Senior Financial Analyst position. The position supports the analysis and development of the financial information required to successfully support the Company's endeavors; works with all levels of the organization (senior management, functional leadership, and staff) to report, monitor and manage key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
• Responsible for performing the day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and analysis for assigned functional areas.
• Research and resolve business unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
• Routine communication with supervisors relating to financial close, issues, and deliverables.
• Responsible for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close for assigned functional areas.
• Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
• Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
• Prepare Financial Reporting requirements package.
• Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
• Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
• Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
• Research US GAAP as it relates to significant matters and provide accounting guidance to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
• Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
• Assist with annual financial statement audit work papers and substantive testing.
• Assist with requests from various taxing authorities.
• Special projects, as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience working with accounting or related financial area required.
• Entertainment accounting experience preferred.
• Previous public accounting experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in Windows, Excel and Word.
• Microsoft Dynamics knowledge preferred.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel, as well as outside clients.
• The ability to pay close attention to detail is required.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints and in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with a sense of humor.