Senior Financial Analyst
The Jim Henson CompanyHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Jim Henson Company - a premier provider of family entertainment for over 60 years and computer generated animation since 1993 - is seeking to fill its Senior Financial Analyst position. The position supports the analysis and development of the financial information required to successfully support the Company's endeavors; works with all levels of the organization (senior management, functional leadership, and staff) to report, monitor and manage key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
• Responsible for performing the day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and analysis for assigned functional areas.
• Research and resolve business unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
• Routine communication with supervisors relating to financial close, issues, and deliverables.
• Responsible for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close for assigned functional areas.
• Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
• Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
• Prepare Financial Reporting requirements package.
• Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
• Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
• Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
• Research US GAAP as it relates to significant matters and provide accounting guidance to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
• Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
• Assist with annual financial statement audit work papers and substantive testing.
• Assist with requests from various taxing authorities.
• Special projects, as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience working with accounting or related financial area required.
• Entertainment accounting experience preferred.
• Previous public accounting experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in Windows, Excel and Word.
• Microsoft Dynamics knowledge preferred.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel, as well as outside clients.
• The ability to pay close attention to detail is required.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints and in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with a sense of humor.
Salary to be determined based on applicant's experience. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Please apply online by submitting cover letter and résumé.
No phone calls, please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online