Intern - Creature Shop
The Jim Henson CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• Jim Henson's Creature Shop seeks candidates for its Paid Internship. The duties of the internship include research, data entry, filing, as well as general office assistant/runner duties. The paid intern will learn both the business development and production aspects of the industry.
• The Creature Shop's Paid Internship is open to all interested parties. Student status is not a requirement.
• Candidates must be available five days per week. The hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
• Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel and have strong organizational and communication skills.
• Interest in/knowledge of the film/TV industry and an artistic background are a plus, but not required.
• Interested candidates must be able to provide his/her own transportation.
COMPENSATION • The Creature Shop's Paid Internship is a non-exempt position and will be paid hourly at $10.50 per hour.
Please apply via e-mail by submitting the following documents:
• A one-page resume.
• A cover letter referencing the position for which you are applying, specifically stating reasons why you are interested in interning at Jim Henson's Creature Shop and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position and our company. Please cite past work experience or college activities that speak to your qualifications.
Subject Line: Creature Shop Paid Internship
Attention: Kourtney Day
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online