The Huffington PostNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2016 10:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Producer/Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Video Producer/Editor postings
Full Time Job
The Huffington Post is looking for an outstanding Video Producer/Editor with a passion for creating engaging social video and visual content around news, current events, and trends. The ideal candidate will produce video packages from pitch to final deliverable, and have rock-solid editorial judgement around fast-moving stories. You will work closely as part of a cross-functional Video team with strong links to Editorial and Social. The position is based in New York City.
- Pitch daily stories in line with a fast-moving news cycle
- Write scripts, source footage, and edit packages
- Spot stories, trends and events that will be important to the HuffPost audience
- Collaborate closely with HuffPost's Editorial teams to develop viable digital ideas, and HuffPost Social Media editors to drive analytics, workflow and production
- Use multiple analytics tools to spot developing trends and stories early
- Conceptualize new ways of reporting for a digital audience
- Assist in creating a calendar of key upcoming news events for coverage, and oversee Junior Editors to monitor key live events
- 3 years of proven broadcast/digital production experience
- Impeccable script writing and package production skills
- Proven social media savvy and strategic thinking, both for newsgathering, reporting and distribution
- You should have a high-level BS detector, be willing to ask tough questions, and have strong gut instincts around where a story may lead.
- Rock solid editorial judgment: know when a story matters, when it doesn't, and why. Know when not to cover something, as well as when not to cover something
- Highly organized and collaborative, as you'll be working on a ''hub'' with many links to Video, Editorial and Social teams.
- Know that news doesn't always happen during office hours. Be flexible and willing to follow a story as it develops, especially in breaking news situations
- Skilled in editing: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition
- Knowledge of DSLR Camera workflow, including lighting and sound
- Knowledge of field production techniques, a plus if you have experience managing, booking crews, and handling content coming in from the field
- Knowledge of Post-Finishing workflow including motion graphics, color-correction and audio-mixing
- Foreign language skills and on-camera/hosting experience are always a plus
''This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.''
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.