The Huffington PostNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/29/2016 12:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Planning Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Planning Editor postings
Full Time Job
The Huffington Post needs a hyper-organized leader to focus on long- and short-term editorial planning. The goal is to weave together big-picture strategy with audience-first coverage plans -- and then, in turn, make sure our editorial initiatives and priorities are consistently relayed to the rest of the company, including the video, tech/product, business development, sales and PR teams. This critical hire will help manage our editorial calendar, work closely with the audience development and analytics units, and help our entire organization become more proactive.
• Collaborate with internal teams to evaluate and optimize our editorial coverage.
• Help coordinate advanced editorial planning that's both topic- and events-based.
• Identify trends and insights using analytics data, and turn them into actionable editorial recommendations for our reporters and editors.
• Manage an editorial calendar, coordinate brainstorms and hone content to help enrich our editorial experiences and grow our audiences.
• Ensure that daily traffic is aligned with calendar traffic projections.
• At least 3-5 years of work experience in a newsroom.
• A quick learner who is self-motivated, detail-oriented and ambitious.
• Ability to work at a fast pace and navigate a large newsroom with many layers of stakeholders.
• Confidence to operate in a quickly changing environment.
• Positive, can-do attitude with focus on results.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.