Black Voices Editorial Fellow
The Huffington PostNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Do you obsessively follow the latest news in the African-American community on every website, blog and Twitter account? Do you consider yourself a thought leader who approaches and discusses topics in fresh ways? Are you ready to be part of a team that both starts and continues conversations about issues that black audiences care about most? Then we want to hear from you. The Huffington Post Black Voices section is looking for a fellow to join our team. We want to find someone who is plugged into the community and is passionate about smartly covering both hard news, politics AND social commentary - and everything in between.
• Recent graduate
• Experience in reporting, writing and editing
• Strong news judgment and sense of news ethics
• Thorough knowledge of writing for both online and social media
• Understanding of how to present in-community issues to the mainstream and vice versa
• Must be comfortable multi-tasking and able to work independently and proactively
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.