Assistant to Co-Head of Book to FIlm
The Gotham GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Gotham Group is seeking a motivated and proactive full-time assistant for the Co-Head of the Book Department. This is a multi-faceted desk that requires interaction with both executives and clients working in live action and animated Film, TV and digital entertainment as well as liaising with publishers, book agencies, estates, author & illustrators around the world. This position sits within both Gotham's management and producing division.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating internal/external meetings and conference calls between local, national and international parties
• Maintaining a calendar of client calls, meetings, and pitches
• Updating a database of contacts, client projects (scripts, manuscripts, reels, etc), and incoming/outgoing literary properties
• Coordinating domestic and international travel for direct report and for clients.
• High volume of negotiations, contracts, and legal/financial documents.
• High volume of incoming and outgoing submissions
• Performing administrative and office support activities, including occasional minor reception duties
• Providing client support in a timely fashion
• Writing coverage
• Researching and tracking rights to literary properties
• Handling expense reports
• Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, with prompt follow through
• Other various ad hoc tasks as necessary such as producing decks/presentations, helping organize events, work with interns, attending festivals.
Candidates must be highly motivated team player with an eagerness to learn. Mature interpersonal skills and good judgment are needed as well as resourcefulness and keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate should be friendly, assertive, have very strong organizational skills and a genuine interest in the entertainment industry, particularly publishing and animation.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online