Social Media News Producer
The Christian Broadcasting NetworkWashington, DC
Full Time Job
News - Washington, D.C.
CBN News is an international, nonprofit news organization that provides programming 24 hours a day by cable, satellite, and the Internet. We are looking for a Social Media News Producer to join our CBN News Bureau in Washington, D.C. as we offer today's news headlines and stories that impact the global Christian community. This role is responsible for executing and managing social media strategy across CBN News platforms and other CBN properties. This position will work collaboratively with News producers and our Digital Media Group to support CBN's mission and ensure that our social media and digital broadcasting are fully integrated with all ministry efforts.
If you love covering breaking news from our nation's capital and have a desire to impact the world, you don't want to miss this opportunity!
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong understanding of current events and Christian worldview in exercising news judgment under the pressure of multiple, daily deadlines
• Working knowledge in the fields of broadcast journalism, social, and digital media
• Excellent skills in English, spelling, writing, research, analytics, and AP Style
• Ability to use both broadcast and print/Internet writing skills for content production
• Ability to learn new methods/technologies and implement them in relation to news and social media
• Technical producer/photographer proficiency for producing original social media content
• Self-starter with ability to demonstrate initiative and drive to meet goals
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to travel as needed
• Bachelor's in communications or related media field desired
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online