Sr. Director, Consumer Product Licensing
The Branded Entertainment NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr. Director, Consumer Product Licensing
Location: New York City, NY, US
Branded Entertainment Network is owned by Bill Gates.
Working closely with the SVP, Greenlight, the Sr. Director, Consumer Product Licensing will help develop and execute strategies to drive merchandise licensing revenue for Greenlight's represented Icons and Brands. This position will identify new product growth opportunities, develop new licensee and retail partnerships, negotiate and execute agreements, and manage licensee relationships and liaise with licensors. The focus of the role is to develop new licensed products/partnerships as well as increase the reach and visibility of the current offerings with the overall goal of significantly growing revenue. This position will also play a critical role in elevating Greenlight's presence and reputation as a Thought Leader within the licensing industry.
• Develop strategies and execute programs to maximize expansion and development of wholesale, direct-to-retail, and other licensee relationships across a broad range of product categories.
• Develop, execute, and manager strategic global plans to grow international merchandise licensing programs for Greenlight's represented properties.
• Manage and drive existing licensee partnerships for maximum revenue.
• Analyze business models, negotiate and execute new licensee agreements to achieve strategic objectives and drive revenue growth.
• Manage licensee products and partnerships to increase reach, visibility, awareness and meet revenue goals.
• Optimize business development opportunities by offering additional Greenlight and/or BEN capabilities and services.
• Meet and exceed established revenue and profit goals.
• Develop, lead, manage and coach merchandise licensing team.
• Develop strategies and tactics for digital media and marketing programs to establish platforms that drive relevance of represented properties, while ideally generating incremental revenue.
• Moderate travel required.
• BA or BS degree required; MBA preferred
• Proven track record of developing and launching new licensing businesses
• Excel in forming strategic partnerships
• Minimum 15 years in licensing or business development experience
• Extensive knowledge of key players in manufacturing, retail and consumer products licensing industries, and strong industry relationships, a must
• Understanding of legalities of product licensing, trademark, and copyright law a plus
• Experience in digital and social media a plus
• High energy, creative, strategic leader with a passion for developing new products and businesses in multiple industries
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills are essential
• Experience managing and building teams required
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.