Senior Marketing Manager
The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Title: Sr. Marketing Manager
Reports to: Marketing Director
Location: Los Angeles, California
The Mission At BEN, we are connecting brands to consumers through the power of popular entertainment.
The advertising landscape is changing faster than ever with new platforms (eg Netflix, Amazon, digital influencers), technologies (eg ad blocking) and business models (non-ad supported). Do you want to be a part of shaping this exciting future? If so, the Sr. Marketing Manager role at Branded Entertainment Network could be for you.
About Branded Entertainment Network (BEN)
BEN, a Bill Gates company, is a leading entertainment content and advertising company specializing in Brand Integration, Influencer, Rights and Music Clearances, and Celebrity Content. With global offices in Los Angeles, New York, London and Germany, and over 150 specialists with strong entertainment backgrounds, we are the leading end-to-end entertainment solution for global brands and agencies connecting brands to consumers through the power of entertainment. It compromises of two organizations - Branded Entertainment Network (BEN) and Greenlight.
We recognize and reward outstanding performance, and we encourage growth through our ongoing learning and development programs.
Purpose of role The Sr. Marketing Manager will join BEN’s growing marketing team to support our B2B Marketing activities both internally and externally. This role will work across both sides of the business- BEN & Greenlight.
Our mission is to drive the right voice, messaging & positioning for Branded Entertainment Network, its divisions, platform, leadership and employees. We aim to elevate BEN/Greenlight perception and offering in the industry to drive revenue and continuously support sales.
Key Role Accountabilities
• Manage the event sponsorship and speaking programs for both BEN & GL. This includes identifying & presenting opportunities that align with our business and target clients, contract negotiation, execution and wrap-up reports showing ROI. This person will also oversee panel & speaking management. Develop concepts and positioning plus coordination of participant travel.
• Manage BEN & Greenlights industry partnerships including but not limited to: PGA, BCMA, ANA. Find new partnership opportunities, foster and develop the relationships.
• Lead & develop social strategy (across both businesses) including LinkedIn, FB & Twitter. Formulate content plan to drive new followers and engagement across our platforms
• Assist in crafting video reels to support premium delivery of BEN’s offering including 60 seconds with BEN Series
• Work in collaboration with design agency to create leading marketing materials supporting sales communication and our best in class offering.
• Maintain the trade site- manage updates, blog and thought leadership pieces
• Drive internal communications to cross share information within the BEN organization.
• Assist in overseeing Marketing Manager projects
• Has 5 years marketing experience, preferably B2B in the media industry
• Drive to work in a fast-paced industry
• Comfortable managing social platforms and creating new strategies to increase engagement with target audiences. Hootsuite or similar platform knowledge preferred.
• Experience in developing and managing external client communication with results
• Time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong communicator- able to confidently present solutions in a clear concise manner
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, & Excel. Strong PowerPoint skills required.
• Photoshop & video editing skills a bonus
• Copywriting experience a plus
• An undergraduate degree is required
• Team Player
• Smart, high-energy, team player with a proven track record of exceptional collaboration with others
• Ability to use good judgment and work effectively inter-departmentally, thrive in a multi-task position within a fast-paced environment
• A can-do professional approach to business and a willingness to be held accountable for results
• Highly resourceful; not dependent on large corporate staffs and resources.
• Excellent organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail
• Able to work with teams in LA, NYC & London/Germany and be flexible with time zones when needed
• Travel when required to support event activation approx. 30%
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.