Media Research Analyst
The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an exceptional Media Research Analyst. This role will be responsible for conducting general, quantitative, and qualitative research across differing media related data sets. This position will also be responsible for analysis, documentation, and creation of elegant reports that will be reviewed and distributed throughout the company and potential partners. Previous experience in entertainment/media research and analysis is preferred but not mandatory.
In addition to research and analysis, this position will also be responsible for learning all partner data dashboards and tool functionality (such as Nielsen, Rentrak, MRI, etc). Once properly trained, this position will be the go to body for questions regarding functionality and interaction of the partner tools.
This position is a full time role located in our new Sherman Oaks office. While travel is not expected for this role, the selected employee must be comfortable with potential travel should the case arise. This position is not open to telecommuting or sponsorships. An ideal candidate will have experience working with entertainment industry level data (film/television) but is not mandatory. Non-standard hours may occasionally be required from this role due to distribution of international development team members. This position will report directly to the Director, Research & Strategy.
• 5 Years proven experience performing research and analysis in the media industry
• Experience compiling research into business presentable documents
• Independent and requires low supervision (we are all busy)
• Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Strong analysis capabilities, focusing on direct qualitative / quantitative research and more abstract trend analysis (identification of unknown/hidden trends)
• Understanding of the current entertainment industry (Broadcast, Premium, OTT) and pain points of each
• Great multitasking as you may need to preform multiple concurrent research projects for differing teams
• Team Player – We are a very collaborative team and you must be as well.
• Data visualization experience.
• Driven – when you encounter a roadblock you know how to bust through it and get the job done.
• Highly proactive and customer service focused.
• Social Media research and analysis experience
Nice to Have:
• Strong SQL skills (focus on Postgres)
• Experience working with media measurement services such as Nielsen, Rentrak, etc.
• Jira / Confluence experience
• Experience working with remote team members (we have a global presence)
• Ok with the occasional late work day (although not common, it does happen occasionally)
Benefits We Offer:
• Insurance (Medical, Dental, Life)
• Competitive Salary
• Metro plans for public commuters
• Great work environment – with the occasional party
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.