Media Research Analyst
The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/27/2016 10:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Media Research Analyst jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Media Research Analyst postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for an exceptional Media Research Analyst. This role will be responsible for conducting general, quantitative, and qualitative research across differing media related data sets. This position will also be responsible for analysis, documentation, and creation of elegant reports that will be reviewed and distributed throughout the company and potential partners. Previous experience in entertainment/media research and analysis is preferred but not mandatory.
In addition to research and analysis, this position will also be responsible for learning all partner data dashboards and tool functionality (such as Nielsen, Rentrak, MRI, etc). Once properly trained, this position will be the go to body for questions regarding functionality and interaction of the partner tools.
This position is a full time role located in our new Sherman Oaks office. While travel is not expected for this role, the selected employee must be comfortable with potential travel should the case arise. This position is not open to telecommuting or sponsorships. An ideal candidate will have experience working with entertainment industry level data (film/television) but is not mandatory. Non-standard hours may occasionally be required from this role due to distribution of international development team members. This position will report directly to the Director, Research & Strategy.
• 5 Years proven experience performing research and analysis in the media industry
• Experience compiling research into business presentable documents
• Independent and requires low supervision (we are all busy)
• Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Strong analysis capabilities, focusing on direct qualitative / quantitative research and more abstract trend analysis (identification of unknown/hidden trends)
• Understanding of the current entertainment industry (Broadcast, Premium, OTT) and pain points of each
• Great multitasking as you may need to preform multiple concurrent research projects for differing teams
• Team Player – We are a very collaborative team and you must be as well.
• Data visualization experience.
• Driven – when you encounter a roadblock you know how to bust through it and get the job done.
• Highly proactive and customer service focused.
• Social Media research and analysis experience
Nice to Have:
• Strong SQL skills (focus on Postgres)
• Experience working with media measurement services such as Nielsen, Rentrak, etc.
• Jira / Confluence experience
• Experience working with remote team members (we have a global presence)
• Ok with the occasional late work day (although not common, it does happen occasionally)
Benefits We Offer:
• Insurance (Medical, Dental, Life)
• Competitive Salary
• Metro plans for public commuters
• Great work environment – with the occasional party