Intern - Social Media Research
The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Who We Are
Splash, part of Branded Entertainment Network, a Bill Gates company, is the leading global entertainment news and picture agency. Splash provides the biggest exclusive Hollywood stories and photos to newspapers, magazines, television broadcasts and digital outlets across the globe. Using cutting-edge technology to transmit images and video as they’re shot, Splash delivers the world’s most-talked-about scoops.
Splash has offices in Los Angeles, London, New York, Miami, Berlin and Sydney. Images are contributed by in-house photographers and a community of more than 6,000 freelance photographers and videographers.
Splash is seeking a paid Intern who loves celebrity and popular culture. S/he knows the scuttlebutt on the biggest celebrities and follows the biggest YouTubers, movie stars and TV celebrities.
Working with the social media lead, the Intern will help pull together assets, such as tear sheets, significant photo sets and archived photos for TBT, for social media accounts. They will help create a posting calendar based on performance metrics of each account. The ideal candidate will understand how to attract and retain a targeted B2B audience across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The position requires no more than 20 hours per week.
Splash News employees adhere to the Press Complaints Commission Code (the Code) of Practice as a condition of employment
• Monitors major social media accounts to determine trending topics where Splash may have related assets.
• Leverages Splash’s database to research photos and videos suitable for Splash’s social media accounts.
• Works with the social media lead to develop a calendar for several accounts.
• Works with sales teams to procure tear sheets with Splash’s spreads, which can be uploaded to social media.
• Pulls and interprets analytics to determine which subjects and formats perform best.
• Sales, Picture Desk, News Desk, Marketing, Social Media
The ideal candidate must:
• Be a self-starter, who is comfortable working onsite and offsite, and can meet deadlines. No excuses!
• Be highly collaborative. Enjoys working with several teams in multiple locations.
• Have a strong working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Knowledge of other platforms is a plus!
• Have flexible hours.
Corbis is a creative resource for advertising, marketing and media professionals, providing a comprehensive selection of photography and footage, as well as end-to-end branded entertainment and rights clearance services. Through its websites Corbis, Corbis Motion, Veer, Corbis Entertainment, Greenlight Music and Greenlight Rights, the company helps the creative and advertising communities make distinctive advertising and publishing for the Internet, magazines, newspapers, books, television and films. Corbis is based in Seattle, with offices in North America, Europe and Australia that serve more than 50 countries.
Who We Are
We value innovation, creativity, teamwork and accountability. We have a results-oriented, customer-centric, fun and highly creative culture. Employees receive a generous benefits package, and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry. We recognize and reward outstanding performance, and we encourage growth through our ongoing learning and development programs. Join our confident, winning team.