Intern - Celebrity Research
The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Who We Are
Splash, part of Branded Entertainment Network, a Bill Gates company, is the leading global entertainment news and picture agency. Splash provides the biggest exclusive Hollywood stories and photos to newspapers, magazines, television broadcasts and digital outlets across the globe. Using cutting-edge technology to transmit images and video as they’re shot, Splash delivers the world’s most-talked-about scoops.
Splash has offices in Los Angeles, London, New York, Miami, Berlin and Sydney. Images are contributed by in-house photographers and a community of more than 6,000 freelance photographers and videographers.
Splash is seeking a paid Intern who loves celebrity and popular culture. S/he knows the scuttlebutt on the biggest celebrities and follows the biggest YouTubers, movie stars and TV celebrities.
The Intern will watch the morning shows (GMA, Today Show, etc.) and follow unfolding events online. Based on various news pegs – deaths, births, weddings, historical events that occurred exactly one or five years ago, etc. – the Intern will comb Splash’s archive for related images. Images are provided to our sales team and to editors, and may appear in the largest global publications, on international websites and on national TV programs.
The position requires no more than 20 hours per week.
Splash News employees adhere to the Press Complaints Commission Code (the Code) of Practice as a condition of employment
• Watches/records US morning shows and pulls together a short report each weekday for Splash team about major themes.
• Monitors celebrity news websites throughout the day, looking for major news events.
• Keeps the Splash team updated on events related to YouTube/social media stars.
• Leverages Splash News’ database to locate related photos and video for related events. Is able to identify the strongest images/video for our teams.
• Recommends archived video/photos to Splash editors and sales people.
• Updates the events calendar.
• Sales, Picture Desk, News Desk, Accounts
The ideal candidate must:
• Be a self-starter, who is comfortable working onsite and offsite, and can meet deadlines. No excuses!
• Thrive under breaking news conditions. Enjoys the thrill of chasing information as news emerges.
• Have flexible hours.
• Regularly come by the office – now located by LAX, but moving to Sherman Oaks!
Corbis is a creative resource for advertising, marketing and media professionals, providing a comprehensive selection of photography and footage, as well as end-to-end branded entertainment and rights clearance services. Through its websites Corbis, Corbis Motion, Veer, Corbis Entertainment, Greenlight Music and Greenlight Rights, the company helps the creative and advertising communities make distinctive advertising and publishing for the Internet, magazines, newspapers, books, television and films. Corbis is based in Seattle, with offices in North America, Europe and Australia that serve more than 50 countries.
Who We Are
We value innovation, creativity, teamwork and accountability. We have a results-oriented, customer-centric, fun and highly creative culture. Employees receive a generous benefits package, and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry. We recognize and reward outstanding performance, and we encourage growth through our ongoing learning and development programs. Join our confident, winning team.