The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who We Are
The Branded Entertainment Network (BEN) connects global brands to consumers through seamless integration into the world’s premium film, television, digital, music and influencer content. BEN uniquely combines a first of its kind technology platform with the best and brightest industry professionals who are helping to shape a dynamically evolving advertising and entertainment landscape. The BEN team is located globally in Los Angeles (headquarters), Seattle, New York, Provo and London. BEN is owned by Bill Gates.
The innovative BEN technology platform offers three key and unique components: 1) instant access to the most relevant, exclusive and hottest content integration opportunities, 2) simple and powerful campaign planning capabilities enabling brands to discover and be matched with the most relevant content and 3) comprehensive, standardized, independent reporting powering brands to value integrations with the same clarity and reliability as traditional media.
BEN is an established and stable company with the heart of a startup. We live in a fast and dynamically changing environment and pride ourselves on our history of proven success and position as the leader in the branded integration landscape. As the advertising and entertainment landscape continues to rapidly shift, the BEN team continues to lead this change and are looking for exceptional people to help us realize our vision and goals.
The Director, Strategy will play a key role in developing BEN’s strategic initiatives, objectives and implementation plans. The Director, Strategy will rapidly understand BEN’s current offering, key trends in the advertising and entertainment market, and overall competitive dynamics. The Director, Strategy will use data and analytical tools to drive strategy development and implementation. The Director, Strategy will initially focus their efforts on three high priority strategic initiatives:
• define the key elements of BEN’s holistic offering (platform and services) and associated pricing
• guide the continued evolution and refinement of BEN’s “thought leadership” in the advertising and entertainment landscape
• identify and evaluate potential corporate development candidates
The Director, Strategy will report to the SVP, Product and Marketing and will work directly with senior leaders at BEN including our CEO. The Director, Strategy will be able to leverage internal resources (eg Research) as required. This role is initially an individual contributor role with the opportunity to expand as business needs require. The Director, Strategy role is based in Los Angeles.
• 2 years of experience in consulting or investment banking
• 2 years of experience in entertainment or advertising – both is a bonus
• MBA from top tier school
• Strong overall leader with ability to have impact across a range of functions and disciplines
• Outstanding conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to engage directly with senior level executives
• Strong influencing skills based on data and ability to quickly build credibility and gain the confidence of individuals at all levels
• Strong sense of accountability; passion for owning projects and driving them to completion
• Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills
• Team player with the ability to sell change effectively
• Strong verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to recognize, prioritize, and evaluate market trends and specific growth opportunities
• Ability to effectively drive multiple projects
• Ambitious and pro-active with strong team leadership skills and a sense of urgency
• Keen understanding and passion for advertising and entertainment landscape
• Strong desire to manage, develop and mentor other teammates
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.