The Billions CorporationChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Billions Corporation is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their growing organization in the music and entertainment industry. This position will report directly to the Controller and will be responsible for updating the revenue and expense accounts, processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis, assisting in preparing financials for management and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
Duties & Job Responsibilities
- Update the revenue on a daily basis and work with the operations and sales teams to address any issues with the reporting received.
- Process all deposits that are received on a daily basis, including wires from the banking website and checks that are received in the mail.
- Send statements out on a monthly basis to clients and update the Accounts Receivable schedule accordingly.
- Enter and process all Accounts Payable transactions and ensure that all payments are made in a timely manner.
- Assist with the bi-weekly payroll for all commissionable staff by updating the schedules based on data provided.
- Audit the commission schedules on a quarterly basis to ensure that the commissions paid reconciles to the accounting software and the sales database.
- Review and reconcile all of the credit card charges that employees incurred on a monthly basis and verify that all expenses are coded to the correct accounts with detailed descriptions.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the sales and operations teams and address any questions or issues that arise.
- Assist the Controller, in the preparation of financial reports such as monthly financial statements, variance analysis and quarterly forecasting.
- Assist in other projects as needed for the President and COO.
The Billions Corporation is a prestigious and professional entertainment agency established in 1989. With offices in Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Nashville, and Toronto, and an affiliated enterprise in Australia, the company represents some of the most esteemed artists working today such as Grammy Award-winning Mumford & Sons, Bon Iver and The Arcade Fire; Grammy-nominated and platinum-selling Death Cab for Cutie; Juno Award-winning band The New Pornographers; and internationally celebrated singer/songwriters Neko Case and Sufjan Stevens.
The ability to thrive in an open and collaborative office environment and a passion for music are essential. Familiarity with a significant portion of our roster of clients is also helpful. This position can be based out of our Chicago, Los Angeles, or Nashville offices. No relocation allowances will be offered. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online