The Adrienne Arsht CenterMiami, FL
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Paybles Accountant jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Paybles Accountant postings
Full Time Job
About the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
Set in the heart of downtown Miami and designed by world-renowned architect Cesar Pelli, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is one of the world's leading performing arts organizations and venues. Spotlighting legends and serving as a launch pad for local artists to make their mark on the international stage, the Center presents nearly 500 events each year across its eight flexible, state-of-the-art performance spaces. The Center programs 12 signature series, including the largest jazz series in South Florida, the biggest flamenco festival on the East Coast, and a robust program of new theatrical works as well as free programming for the community and an arts education program that serves nearly 30,000 children each year. Since opening in 2006, the Arsht Center, a 501C3 non-profit organization, has emerged as a leader in presenting innovative programming that mirrors South Florida's diversity as well as a catalyst for billions of dollars in new development in the downtown area. The Center includes the 2,200-seat Knight Concert Hall, the 2,400-seat Ziff Ballet Opera House, a 200-seat flexible space Carnival Studio Theater, and the 57,000-square- foot central Thomson Plaza for the Arts outdoor performance space.
The Payables Accountant is an entry level position and is responsible for processing accounts payable transactions, maintenance and custody of accounting records and the performance other general accounting duties. The ideal individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to items on this list.
• Process all accounts payable invoices through paperless system.
• Review, code, process and distribute accounts payable disbursements.
• Maintain accounts payable system records.
• Prepare and distribute 1099 and other related tax forms.
• Maintain open and paid vendor files.
• Assist in monthly closings.
• Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
• Assist senior Finance staff in all budget preparation, input and balancing.
• Research vendor statements, phone calls and discrepancies.
• Assist in reconciliation of accounts payable, detailing all past due balances.
• Process expense reports.
• Process Credit Card reports.
• Assist senior accounting staff in obtaining County funds.
• Prepare Occupancy Reimbursement Book to County.
• File, order supplies and perform miscellaneous duties for department.
• Two-year degree from a college or technical school or equivalent experience.
• Minimum two years of related bookkeeping or accounting experience using an automated system.
• Proficiency in MS Office software.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Experience with Great Plains accounting software.
• Experience in not-for-profit entities.
• Preference for a multi-ethnic and multi-lifestyle workplace
The Payables Accountant should be:
• Action-oriented; a doer
• Affable, friendly, approachable
• Determined and persistent
• Highly energetic
• Dedicated to accomplishing the organization's goals
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 20 pounds of materials.
• The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.