Systems Engineer - IT
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2016 5:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Systems Engineer - IT jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Systems Engineer - IT postings
Full Time Job
Tennis Channel is seeking a candidate for a Systems Engineer position who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks in addition to leading and executing projects within a collaborative environment. The appropriate candidate will have the knowledge and experience to hit the ground running in a fast-paced atmosphere with an emphasis on policy enforcement, security and timely resolution of issues. The Systems Engineer will also report directly to the IT Director.
This role involves domestic and international travel for extended periods of time.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
o Assist internal and external clients with Support issues and properly follow escalation list to resolve issues in a timely manner.
o Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email, wireless etc.
o Understands the issues involved in administering and maintaining corporate WAN.
• Internal Systems
o Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
o Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
o Manage Backup and Security of all installed systems and infrastructure
• Account Administration
o Co-ordinate the creation of network and email accounts for new users.
• Asset Management
o Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
o Assists with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
o Document all installed systems, infrastructure, and IT processes
• Post Production
o Administer and maintain post production infrastructure, including Edit Hardware, Edit Software, and Storage
o Assist Editors with support issues and properly follow escalation list
o Understands the issues involved in administering and maintaining a post-production environment
• Minimum 3 - 7 years as a full-time Systems engineer
• BA degree in Computer Science or a related field, preferred
• Experience managing Windows 2008/2012 server roles and Active Directory administration
• Experience with Exchange Server 2010 & Office 365
• Experience with Avid, Adobe Premier, and Final Cut
• Strong understanding of post-production environments and workflows
• Understanding of SAN/NAS Administration and maintenance a plus
• Understanding on Media Asset Management within a post-production environment a plus
• Experience with AWS or Azure a plus
• Highly Skilled with all Mac OSX operating systems including all desktop and server versions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• CCNA, MCSE, or academic qualifications in IT preferred
• VMWare Vsphere, Citrix, or Hype V knowledge and experience is a plus
• Knowledge of Solarwinds & SCOM is a plus
• Knowledge of Aspera is a plus
• Experience with MDM software such as AirWatch and its supported devices (Android, iOS)
• Willingness to work varied schedules, including nights and weekends
• Personal transportation for a multi-location/multi-office environment and domestic and international travel, required
• Entertainment industry experience is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!