Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Manager, Programming
Tennis Channel is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. Tennis Channel holds the telecast rights to, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, ATP Masters Series, and the Davis Cup and Fed Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Overview: This role will serve as the point person for the Programming Group in planning and communicating the program schedule for both the linear network and digital extensions to all internal constituents, including but not limited to, Sales, Production, Marketing, PR, and Research.
Daily Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Plan and schedule Tennis Channel and Tennis Channel Plus Platforms
• You are the point person for all questions pertaining to the schedule on both platforms
• Communicate program changes and updates to relevant stakeholders
• Manage two programming coordinators
• Develop and implement weekly contingency plans for live and live to tape event programs, based on contractual commitments and restrictions
• Participate in the long-term planning of and scheduling of Tennis Channel platforms
• Understanding of contractual restrictions and obligations as they pertain to the scheduling of the platforms
• Special projects as needed.
• Able to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion
• Complete knowledge and understanding of Tennis Channel and Tennis Channel Plus's programming schedules
• Punctual and reliable
• Ability and willingness to proactively think, troubleshoot, problem-solve and communicate in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing with various teams
• Demonstrate time management skills and meet daily expectations
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of daily workflow
• Facilitate all workflow and communication with a sense of urgency
• Competent/flexible team member
• Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of experience in television
• Sports industry experience
• Detail-oriented, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong inter-personal skills and a patient team player
• Ability to proactively identify issues, implement changes, set priorities and solve problems, while being resourceful; work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work nights/weekends on an occasional basis.
• Ability to travel international on occasional basis.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work effectively under tight deadlines
• Problem-solving skills and ability to work through challenges methodically and logically
To be considered, please forward resume, salary history and requirements.
Subject line must read: Manager, Programming
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online