Executive Director, Broadcast Operations
Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Director, Broadcast Operations jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Executive Director, Broadcast Operations postings
Full Time Job
The Executive Director, Broadcast Operations
Tennis Channel is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. Tennis Channel holds the telecast rights to, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, ATP Masters Series, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
The Executive Director, Broadcast Operations, will be in a ''mission critical'' role with principal responsibility for operation's strategy and its implementation, execution and enhancement of technology.
Examples of assignments include:
• Assist with determining which technologies TC TOC will utilize in its core businesses and being accountable for investigating, purchasing and implementing those new technologies.
• Managing client's technology service delivery.
• Negotiating, managing and administering vendor relationships.
• Interfacing with other executives to support Programming, Ad Sales and Production needs and requirements
• Management of Engineering, transmission, master control, media management staff and freelance personnel.
• Management of tournament transmission and integration of tournament feed with production and master control.
• Coordination with IT & Facilities on matters of technology, facility maintenance, utilities and security.
• Direction of network quality control.
• Assist department heads with hiring, scheduling and supervision of staff and freelance employees.
• Oversight of staff payroll reports and timesheets
• Resolve trouble calls from Tennis Channel affiliates.
• Preparation of quotes & proposals for client work.
• Formulation and reporting on operating and cap ex budgets.
• Coordination on a wide range of ad hoc issues across all departments.
• 10+ years of experience in the Broadcast/Digital Media industry in a series of increasingly responsible engineering and technology roles.
• In-depth understanding of the functionality and use of technologies related to network origination, signal encoding and multiplexing, data transport, file-based content creation and transport, etc.
• Proven leadership ability with large teams.
• Previous experience as a senior broadcast operations executive required
• Ability to integrate new technology into operation and changes in media delivery including appropriate content development for multiple delivery platforms.
• Strong strategic and analytical skills.
• Ability as a team builder and leader, that provides clear structure and managerial oversight.
• A technical undergraduate degree with MBA/MS preferred.
Please forward resume, salary history and salary requirements
Please insert in the subject line: The Executive Director, Broadcast Operations