Full Stack Developer
This was removed by the employer on 11/8/2016 12:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Full Stack Developer jobs in Austin-TX
Search all Full Stack Developer postings
Full Time Job
Tastemade is connecting the world through food!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is at the forefront of game changing media and technology make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a community of food & travel lovers on a mission to connect the world through video. We are passionate about creating and distributing high quality, engaging and shareable food, travel, and lifestyle themed content all over the world. We tell stories. We entertain. We are the food & travel destination for the millennial audience.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
What you'll bring:
• 4 years working with Node.js or a similar stack like Ruby (EventMachine), Python (Tornado), etc.
• Experience working with multiple types of data stores, from Postgres to MongoDB, perhaps dipping your toes in some Redis or Cassandra.
• A deep understanding of the fundamentals of HTTP and RESTful APIs, and experience designing RESTful APIs.
• Ops experience working with platforms like AWS and Heroku.
• A good understanding of HTML5 & CSS3.
• A passion for product - you aren't intimidated by the last 20% of the project.
• Experience working with React.js, and the other (many!) parts that make up a front-end stack.
• Web standards - you live and breathe them.
• A great attention to detail.
• You understand that shipping is what counts.
• You think programming would be a lot easier if only state didn't exist.
What you'll do:
• Full-stack web application development.
• Work with client teams to build fast, scalable platform APIs and SDKs that power all the Tastemade apps.
• Help create a Dev Ops infrastructure to keep the platform humming.
• You have a presence in the open source community.
• Experience in a startup or just enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
• You know the difference between Putin & Poutine.
• You've done other non-web programming work.
• Tell us about the pros and cons of using Node.js vs other web application frameworks.
• If you were starting an old project anew, what sort of tech decisions would you have made differently? Why?
• What projects or products are you specially proud of, and why?
• Stock options
• Competitive salary
• Flexible PTO and 11 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast paced
• Hip East-Austin office with parking included
• Unlimited snacks and drinks. We're currently going through all the different kinds of jerky on Amazon, but we (gladly) take requests!
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!