TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is building a state of the art Content Intelligence system, that understands video, stories, and their impact on human emotion. Our goal is to revolutionize the way people interact with lifestyle content, through VR, video, and everything else. We have the top content creators in the WORLD, and a rapidly expanding library.
Tastemade is curating a small core of engineers to solve big world problems; you will have a lot of responsibility and tons of freedom. As a Data Scientist, you will solve problems including, but not limited to:
• Machine Annotations for video using NLP and Computer Vision
• Personalization and Recommendations
• Predictive models for content performance
• Optimizing distribution cycles and cadence
• Analyze web and seasonal trends
• Design, deploy, interpret A/B and quasi tests
• Create visualizations that enable our content creation and executive teams
If defining ''cutting-edge'' is your thing this is the place.
Who you are:
• Naturally Inquisitive. Your insatiable curiosity inspires you to dive deep into solving problems.
• Analytical. You're a master at distilling data, analyzing a variety of factors (from the small details to the bigger picture) and deriving insights through quantitative means.
• Strategic Storyteller. You creatively and clearly convey technical findings to non-technical stakeholders.
What you'll bring:
• Masters Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred.
• 5 years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems.
• A deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, deep-learning, clustering and classification, NLP, and recommendation and optimization algorithms, experiment design, causal inference
• Get in at the ground floor. As one of the first members of the data science team, you will DEFINE Content Intelligence here
• Apply your ML chops to one of the hottest problems in the space
• Tastemade community parties
• Work on a movie studio. Literally. Our Santa Monica offices are the old MTV studios
• Plugged into a community of food and travel lovers
• Be truly global, we have offices in Santa Monica, New York, Austin, London, Paris, Brazil, Argentina and Japan.
• Stock Options
• Work with a cool mix of artists, actors, editors, writers and engineers
• Data is the biggest focus area at Tastemade right now. We want you.