Culinary Content Developer
TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is on the hunt for a Culinary Content Developer to join the team in Santa Monica, CA. This position will operate within the Programming Team working closely with Production. The Culinary Content Developer will own Tastemade's culinary voice and recipe development ensuring that all content is in line with our brand and maintains our high-quality standards. Please note: this is a contract position to start with the possibility of contract to hire.
What you'll do:
• Research, ideate, develop, and oversee recipe development across original, branded, and partner content.
• Provide direction and culinary expertise for recipe production.
• Lead and manage freelance culinary team to ensure compliance with Tastemade's voice and quality standards.
• Approve and QC/edit recipes as needed prior to production.
• Collaborate with content partners on recipe development and selection based on performance metrics and diversification.
• Track food trends to ensure recipes reflect timely and relevant audience interests.
• Work with platform leads on performance metrics to inform future recipes and best practices.
• Create and implement Culinary Voice/Style Guide for best practices for each platform.
• Team up with Tastemade International (Japan, Brazil, Argentina, UK, Indonesia) on US localization and overall voice/quality consistency.
• Oversee coordinators to maintain recipe database.
What you'll bring:
• 3 years of relevant culinary experience.
• Experience in food social media/blogging/vlogging is a huge plus.
• Passion for food, trends, and creating shareable content.
• Must have great taste and eye for aesthetics of beautiful food (composition, beauties, art direction).
• Experience with creating and testing recipes from scratch.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with short turnaround times.
• Knowledgeable in wide range of cooking styles and cuisines.
• Excellent organization, time management, problem solving, and planning skills.
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast paced
• Unlimited snacks
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!
*Please note: this is a contract position to start with the possibility of contract to hire.
Tastemade is connecting the world through video!
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Does the idea of working at a company that is at the forefront of game changing media and technology make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a community of food & travel lovers on a mission to connect the world through video. We are passionate about creating and distributing high quality, engaging and shareable food, travel, and lifestyle themed content all over the world. We tell stories. We entertain. We are the food & travel destination for the millennial audience.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.