TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is on the hunt for a Snapchat Content Editor to further our mission and move people to create great food and travel experiences for themselves and their communities. The ideal candidate will have a strong voice and editorial background with copywriting and editing experience, be social media savvy, understand metrics/analytics, and knows the digital/mobile landscape. Please note: this position is contract to start.
Who you are:
• A great editor, writer, and leader who can inhabit the voice, tone and character of the Tastemade brand that understands social media and is able to engage with our Snapchat demographic.
• A researcher who is keen on fact checking and then checking again.
• An experimenter who is constantly looking for new ways to surprise, delight and inspire viewers.
What you'll do:
• Work with programming and creative to develop and maintain an editorial calendar, produce original articles, brainstorm story ideas and titles, along with short-form content on a daily basis.
• Develop and produce original content with freelance writers and designers, assuring consistent quality, tone and voice as well as timely delivery.
• Manage the distribution of content to CMS systems.
• Be responsible for developing and reporting on content strategies that will increase content reach, engagement and length of user time with content.
• Develop timely content that takes advantage of news and trends relevant to the Tastemade audience.
• Develop writers, personalities, and talent that fit within the Tastemade brand.
• Create original written content.
• Provide insights on food, travel and lifestyle trends and media conversations to the Tastemade team on a regular and as-needed basis.
What you'll bring:
• A strong editorial background, preferably for a large-scale, millennial audience of an entertainment or lifestyle brand.
• 2 years of experience running a team of content creators, writers & designers.
• 4 years of experience creating engaging original content in the food, travel, and lifestyle vertical.
• Expert research and keyword search skills for fact checking.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and (time) management skills.
• Exceptional knowledge of Snapchat is a plus.
• A passion for Tastemade and a positive, upbeat attitude!
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and 11 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!
PLEASE NOTE: This position is contract to start.
Tastemade is connecting the world through video!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is at the forefront of game changing media and technology make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a community of food & travel lovers on a mission to connect the world through video. We are passionate about creating and distributing high quality, engaging and shareable food, travel, and lifestyle themed content all over the world. We tell stories. We entertain. We are the food & travel destination for the millennial audience.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.