Intern - Community Engagement
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
*Internship (Community Engagement)
The Tampa Bay Rays Community Engagement department is seeking enthusiastic, hard-working interns with a high degree of professionalism to further our mission to energize the community through the magic of Rays baseball. We are seeking individuals with experience/interest in various areas including but not limited to: nonprofit organizations, public relations, social media, event planning, community outreach and customer service. Candidates with backgrounds in business, communications, marketing, fundraising or community outreach are preferred. It is important that individuals have an appreciation for the sport/team and a willingness to understand, research, and explore the role of a professional sports team in the local and regional markets as a valued community asset.
• Bachelor’s Degree by end of internship required
• Experience/coursework in two or more of the above areas
• Previous examples of volunteer projects and activities supporting nonprofits
• Ability to prioritize and work both as an individual and as part of a team
• Exceptional organization skills, with an ability to effectively multitask
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Previous experience in a part time or internship role in team sports a plus
• This is a full time internship. Candidates will be expected to work nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Internship Duration: 1/9 – 10/1/17
All offers contingent on satisfactory background check.