Intern - Baseball Operations R&D
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
*Internship (Baseball Operations R&D)
We are seeking interns with a passion for winning through mathematics, data analysis, and computation. The internship positions will be with the Baseball Research and Development team in the Baseball Operations department. Start and end dates are flexible, and we will consider applicants who are available for only the summer of 2017. Please note that these positions have the potential to lead to a full-time employment offer, but such an offer is not guaranteed.
• Statistical modeling and quantitative analysis of a variety of data sources, for the purpose of player evaluation, strategic decision-making, decision analysis, etc.
• Collecting public and private data for additional analysis.
• Ad hoc queries and quantitative research in support of general Baseball Operations tasks.
• Various game-day duties, as necessary.
• A strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science and/or engineering.
• Some experience with computer programming.
• Familiarity with the online baseball research community.
In addition to working closely with the broader Research and Development team, we desire candidates who will challenge the status quo and explore new research opportunities. Previous interns have developed ideas that have changed the way the organization approaches important challenges.
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.