Festival Technical Production Coordinator
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 01/09/2017-2/03/2017
Considerations: Extended hours and weekend work will be required. Position may be required to housed in Park City prior to the Film Festival. High level of mobility and strength is required as well as an ability to drive and deliver product safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Supports technical production logistics and setup for the Sundance Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports AV and tech setup at events, venues, etc. to ensure quality control of audio and video presentations.
• Documents build outs and installations with photos, drawings, pro/con notes, etc.
• Creates schedule and is onsite to build temporary venues based on outlined specifications.
• Assists with event production and logistics related to audio/video production, lighting, staging and live streaming from pre-production through execution.
• Manages hardware inventory to support event.
• Communicates effectively with vendors, partners, company executives and a wide range of stakeholders i.e. timelines, deadlines, etc.
• Participates in final walk-throughs and inspections, with manager, and follow throughs to ensure build-out specifications are met and legal codes are in compliance.
• Updates and maintains master timeline document.
• Supports special projects for the team as needed.
• Travels to various theatres, venues, temporary structures to support onsite execution.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report, as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years of experience in an event-related or similar technical role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must be self-motivated, organized, detailed, articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work smart in a fast-paced environment and think, plan and execute resourcefully.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to participate on interdepartmental teams.
• Must take ownership of work and be a proactive thinker.
• Must be willing to drive in winter conditions and work long flexible hours.
• Detail oriented and able to take initiative and work independently.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.